Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can you boot from a recovery cd?

• Please log in to reply

antztudio

antztudio

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi guys, simple question i know but..
I have reformatted loads of times on my own pc with a genuine xp cd.
However, a friend who lives in another city is coming over this weekend.He has a fairly new Toshiba Satellite p 30.He has deleted the recovery partition on c(I dunno why)and has downloaded so many things and caught so many virus,i have offered to reformat.There is a recovery cd supplied with his machine.My question is,simply,is it just a matter of setting the cd rom to 1st boot device and go from there,Best,Antz

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Yes, it should be that simple. Although there may be other Cds you might need. Tell your friend to bring all the Cds that shipped with his Toshiba... and also any documentation. NOTE also that the recovery may wipe his data, so make sure to back up any data he wants to save.

I also deleted the recovery partition on my IBM... needed the extra space... and my recovery requires 5 Cds which reinstalls the OS with all drivers.

Edited by makai, 15 August 2005 - 02:02 AM.