Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Change picture colour

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I am editing a few thing and need to cange that colour of some pictures that are mainly blue to orange. I want do keep that dark/light ratio of the picture while doing the colour change. If it is possible :tazz: I don't want a a download that is to big (15mb max).

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have .net framework you can get Paint.Net here

http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/

If you do not have .net framework the download is outside 15MB (26.4)

It has a magic wand which highlights the same colour in an image then you select a colour and use the paint bucket to change

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
That is a good program (I have had if for a week) but when that is done the I lose the shadeing of the picture. You see one side of the pictures is lighter than other and I want to keep that effect. The reason that I don't what it to big is that is would slow down the internet conection.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You could try the free trial of photoshop cs, its the daddy of the photo editing but at $650 its rather expensive to buy.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Sure I would love to have photoshop but is is a very big download for such a short period of time. I downloaded GIMP 2 ad an trying to work out how to ues it. when I do the bucket spilling thing it gives the right effect but changes the picture to the wrong colour :tazz: so if i can work that one out it will do the job (and a lof of other realy nice things).

xeL

xeL

• Pip
  • 8 posts
if u want ill do it for it.... -.-

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Managed to get GIMP 2 working prefectly so if any one else needs to do the same thing use that.