Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Re-booting

• Please log in to reply

GerdyC

GerdyC

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Once i turn my pc on it says "please insert a boot diskette and press any key". When i insert my XP CD into the drive the installation begins. Once the first part of the installation is over and my computer reboots the installation begins all over again. Can someone please help me out with this problem?????

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome go Geeks to Go. I found this at M$
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;873161
See if it helps. I did a search there for reboot loop. If this does not help, go and search M$. There are two pages of hits on this search.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
did you press the any key durin reboot? also...if you can pop the windows cd out once it reboots it shouldnt boot from the cd...it's not really neccessaary for it to be in there after it finishes installing the files. and if it does need the disk it will tell you when to put it back in