Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PSU IS GETTING HOT WHEN PLAYING GAMES

• Please log in to reply

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Hi , i downloaded the DEMO of lego star wars on my Nvidia GeForce FX5200 it was excellent but for about an 20minutes i felt and i could feel my PSU getting warmer all i can see on the bak of my case is 230V do i need a new PSU or not or do i need more cooling because i have like 4 fans inside my pc model is HP PAVILION please get back if you need my system specs here they are

Intel Celeron D Processor 2.53GHz
XFX Nvidia GeForce FX5200 128MB DDR
Kingston RAM > 768DDR
MSI Motherboard
PSU > 230V
40GB BARRACUDA HDD

thanks any replies that would be greatful :tazz:

Advertisements

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
It is normal for it to get warm to the touch. However check that the PSU fan is spinning properly and the vents and fan are not dirty or dusty as well as the inside of you case. You need to look on the inside of the Case and see what the brand and wattage (W) rating of the PSU is.

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
oh ok i will do that maybe more suggestions :tazz:

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
If you would like more suggestions regarding the PSU, then you need to provide the PSU info I requested.

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
i will look inside the pc in a moment then i will tell you

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
yes i found out the PSU and all it is a 250W PSU but im getting a 600W PSU so that should be better

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
You have to make sure it is compatible with your case and mainboard, HP does not always use a standard ATX PSU. As for a 600 watt, that is completely unnecessary. You are better off getting a better brand like one from PC Power and Cooling, Antec and Enermax.

Edited by GeneralAres, 16 August 2005 - 12:36 PM.