Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Corrupt File - Unable to resolve and run HD

• Please log in to reply

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
yes, I saw that---this means that the hardware is working from a physical standpoint, but for whatever reason the disk is unreadable--this is usually due to a corrupt master file table, but your error message is very rare--thus I lean toward the corrupt partition table

You might also try this--after putting the drive with the data in your pc as a slave, install this on the working drive (with xp)

http://www.pcinspect.../uk/welcome.htm

this will try and recover files from a damaged drive and it may be more user friendly

Recognize that we are doing data recovery here--not PROGRAM recovery or disk saving....your docs and pics and music may be recoverable, but any programs will likely be toast

Advertisements

deecrepit

deecrepit

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have had the same problems.with my old ides I could not resolve it short of using erase disk on corrupted slave. now I just had it happen with my 2 sata drives. the corrupt one had been cloned by acronis. acronis recovery disk did not access it either. hope someone can help. I want to know the answer. strangely the corrupt drive is recognized and singly it attempts to load opens and starts to load winxp then after a few minutes it stops and reboots endlessly. set in bios as slave and the (perfectly working new master --when it is single) will not boot as long as the slave is installed.slave removed and it works fine.too bad as the new master has paragon disk manager on it --which would at least let me just wipe out the c part on corrupted drive and save my files partitions.