Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Website Email Help

• Please log in to reply

twallace0

twallace0

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I am having problems with email.
I want to set up a stand alone email address that when members of my website send something to it, it will automatically forward it to the rest of the members (without me putting everyone's email address in the TO line).

Don't know if this is possible but willing to try anything.
thanks

Advertisements

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
Couple questions:

Do you want any message a member could send you (private/etc.) to go to all the other members..or all the other admin (website staff)?

Do you have domain e-mail? ([email protected])

twallace0

twallace0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Well the mail is to be forwarded to all the members of the site, including administrators. Yes I have domain email.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if this is using outlook you can set up a distrobution list that contains everyone's email address and send to that list

twallace0

twallace0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I don't want to have it come back to my computer, I receive the mail and then I have to send it to everyone. I want it to be as soon as someone sends mail to this address it will automatically forward it to EVERYONE else

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you using exchange?

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
does your webmail give you the option to make a domain e-mail a forwarding address?

twallace0

twallace0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I don't know what you mean by exchange.
It gives me the option of creating a mail forward. All that does is just catches the mail from one address and forwards it to another.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
....what kind of mail server are y ou using?

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
"It gives me the option of creating a mail forward. All that does is just catches the mail from one address and forwards it to another."

try seperating the e-mail it forwards to with commas and try adding more than one...eg. [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected],[email protected]@[email protected]........

Edited by ssone, 15 August 2005 - 09:24 PM.

twallace0

twallace0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
yahoo business hosts my website and they also provide email

The option of seperating them with commas won't work because there are too many people

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you should be able to make a distribution list with yahoo mail. they may call it a group.... and usually with mail you have to seperate with a semicolon. i would ask their support people....i'm sure you're paying for support with your subscription

twallace0

twallace0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Yes they have groups but in order to use them everyone of the members of my site has to also be a yahoo member and people don't like having to check 2 email addresses.