Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp installation problems

• Please log in to reply

GerdyC

GerdyC

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
When my computer starts a message saying please insert a boot disk into the drive and press any key. I inserted my XP cd into the drive and it began the installation process. Once the first part of the installation was complete the computer rebooted. Once it had done this the message rebooting from th cd rom drive appeared and the xp installation begins all over again. I have tried this many times and the same thing keeps happening all over again and again the xp installations keeps resatrting. Is there anyone who knows how to fix this problem???

Advertisements

bazcor

bazcor

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Try this, when the XP install reboots for the first time, go into your BIOS and change the boot order so that the hard drive is the first boot device. Save changes, then allow the installation to complete.

Good luck.. Barry