Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Download Boost

• Please log in to reply

Pianoman16

Pianoman16

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
I recently downloaded a program called Download boost. I know better than to download these type of things, but the description and reviews sounded so good and curiosity got the best of me. Anyway I got it hoping that downloading would be faster as promised, but to my demise the program didn't work at all. Nothing would download, so I uninstalled it and that was that. Its completly gone now, its like it never was here. But now when I try to download something a message comes up saying download boost couldn't be loaded and then the downlaod doesn't come up. I am sure everything is gone but I can't download anything. Can some one help me stop this message and help continue downloading again! :tazz:

Advertisements

Craybo89

Craybo89

• Pip
  • 5 posts
What's your internet browser? It appears that Download Boost is automatically set to coincide with Netscape. This could be one of the reason's why your Download Boost didn't work. As for the problem with your download's now, I'd say:

1. that the program was not completely uninstalled properly - locate the folder that contained (or contains) the remaining Download Boost files and manually delete it.

2. that you need to change the default download manager for your browser - when you installed Download Boost it would have automatically changed the default download manager to itself to save you the effort.

Thats all I can help you with until I know what browser your using.

Hope it help's :tazz:

Pianoman16

Pianoman16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
I use Internet Explorer and sometimes firefox. I use them both. I uninstalled it through add and remove programs so i didn't unintall it wrong or anything, and i did find the folder and deleted everything that I could find that had to do with that program. I don't know how to change the defaukt download manager.

Craybo89

Craybo89

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I haven't experienced this problem so it's hard to judge how to fix it.
Anyway, I use FireFox, have you tried changing the download manager through Tools... Options... Downloads?
Not much more I can think of right now.

Hope you get it sorted anyway.