Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video card help

• Please log in to reply

correy

correy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me with this ?

I have a computer with the bellow listed settings.
I use 3 monitors, one video card I believe is built - in and ,I added 2 PCI, 16MB Woodoo 2000
video cards, that caused some problems and had to be removed.
I would like to replace them. I would like to get more MB, but what is too much ?
Also could I use AGP cards(since I heard they performe better) and how do I find that I have that option on my computer?
Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
Correy
OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195
System Manufacturer TYAN
System Model S1854 Trinity 400
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~799 Mhz
BIOS Version Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
Total Physical Memory 261,616 KB
Available Physical Memory 123,228 KB
Total Virtual Memory 894,596 KB
Available Virtual Memory 632,188 KB
Page File Space 632,980 KB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well..your problem is that you can't have more than one video card installed at any given momoent....if you're wanting to use 3 seperate monitors you'll have to get a video card with 3 seperate outputs...if you're wanting to use a tv as one of those monitors you'll have to have either svideo or composite out on that card......and yes agp is faster than pci

Cheno

Cheno

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Guys, I need some advice please.
I have a Dell Dimension 4550 (400MHz FSB) Desktop. (had it since late 2002 or thereabouts). Thing is, I got it with a 32MB ATI Rage Ultra Graphics card and now I need to upgrade specifically for gaming purposes (not hardcore gaming, but just to get good framerate when playing cuz right now, America's Army V2.4 lags big time on Lowest settings).
I was wondering if anyone could provide some advice on what cards are compatible with this system and what u think I should get. Thank you.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
chino -- do not post inside another thread...start a new one in the system building and overclocking forum!