Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speaker Trouble

• Please log in to reply

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
as u might know i already had speaker trouble so i tried many things to fix it... i even found a message on my computer that said "hardware problem" take out ur sound card and reinstall it back it. so i did that and when i rebooted my computer it now wont let me play music and says theres an error and it cant play. Please help me ive been introuble with this computers speakers for a long time! <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Can you please reply with the exact error you're getting?

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Creative Diagnostics cannot find a Creative audio card in your system.

One of the possible cause of this error is that your
Creative audio card is not inserted properly in your system.
Please follow the steps below and run Creative Diagnostics again.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Open the casing of your computer and locate your audio card.

3. Disconnect all plugs and cables from the audio card and unscrew
the metal bracket.

4. Gently remove the audio card from the slot.

5. Align and insert the audio card back into the slot.

6. Reconnect all plugs and cables.

thats what the message is, so what i did is opened up my computer, took out the sound card, realligned it and put it bak in and hooked bak up the cables, now when i try to play music at all

when i try to it says, cannot open the audio device. another application may be using it

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I think you may have an IRQ conflict. Go into the Windows Control Panel, System, Device Manager, PCI Bus, IRQ Steering and be sure it is enabled. If not, go into the motherboard BIOS/CMOS Setup and enable O/S is PnP aware.

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
i tried the first one and it didnt even give me an option to enable it or not, like the bottom part was not "avalible"

the second part i totally lost u, do i have to reboot my computer and get into the bios by hitting like F1 F2 F10 F12 insert, delete, crtl+s... then what

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

i tried the first one and it didnt even give me an option to enable it or not, like the bottom part was not "avalible"

If it's not available, then it's disabled in BIOS.

the second part i totally lost u, do i have to reboot my computer and get into the bios by hitting like F1 F2 F10 F12 insert, delete, crtl+s... then what

Yes, depends on your system which key needs to be pressed to enter BIOS. Often it will display it on the initial boot screen. If not, sometimes pressing the ESC key will remove the logo screen so you can see it.

Once in the BIOS there should be an option to the effect of PnP BIOS aware OS (Plug and Play Operaing System), with a yes or no option. You want to select yes. You'll have to look through the menus to find it. Probably under standard or Advanced BIOS options.

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
I went into by bios when it started but the options i got were

STANDARD CMOS SETUP
BIOS FEATURES SETUP
CHIPSET FEATURES SETUP
POWER MANAGMENT
PNP/PCI CONFIGURATION
LOAD BIOS DEF.
LOAD SETUP DEF.
INTERGRATED PERIPHERALS
SUPERVISOR PASSWORD
USER PASSWORD
IDE HDD AUTS DETECTION
SAVE & EXIT
EXIT & NO SAVE

i think ill have to go into the pnp pci configuration but im wondering what u think i would need to turn in that setup

my motherboard is a tyan

another quick question... my computer does not support hibernation mode or stand-by and i do shut it down and reboot everytime i need to use it, i do not like to do that cause i have read that it damages the machine... in power management setup is there anyway, or just anyway at all, that i can leave my computer on, but it uses the minimum power nessasary