Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power supply

• Please log in to reply

Venra

Venra

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
How can you see how much power you are getting? Becaause i am thinking of getting a new vid card and I want to know if I have enough.

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
There should be a sticker one the power supply that shows the wattage of the PSU

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
I am not sure what you want to know - Go to following Web Site & Download the FREE Home Edition of Everest - Install & run

It will give you all info on your PC. .

Expand [Computer] Then Click [Sensors} - This will give you Votages- If that is what you were asking?

http://www.lavalys.com/

Jack123

Venra

Venra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I want to know what my system power supply is because I need 300W for the vid card I want to get so I want to know if I have enough power.

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
One-COOL told you were that info can be found - usually label is accessable.- You will also know if your motherboard supports whatever card you are getting. 300 Watt Supply is not excessivly large in today's PC.

Need to read Computer specs + motherboard specs. Downloading Everest & running it - would be a great tool in learning your PC - Its a free educational tool!

This program will give you the information about motherboard and give you web sites to go for product info.

You will need to know what AGP support your motherboard has

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 15 August 2005 - 09:35 PM.

phua zheng hao

phua zheng hao

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
when you buying new power supply, look for power supply with active pfc which stand for true power.