Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus Terminator Screen Problems

• Please log in to reply

ryair

ryair

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

Last November I bought an Asus Terminator A7VT Barebones system. It has always had this problem, where the screen will go blank occasionally for 1 - 2 seconds. Everything continues running, but you obviously can`t use it until the screen comes back on. It seems to do it most when new windows open, or a window refreshes. It also turns off the on screen menu, if its on at the time.

I have contacted Asus about this on several occasions. I have been told to update the bios (done). I`ve been told to replace my monitor (done). And I`ve been told that everything is fine (Which it definately isn`t!). As you can imagine, this problem is getting VERY annoying now. :tazz:

It seems to be occuring more and more reguarly now, and I have lost patience with Asus... Can you help? PLEASE! :)

Simon.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you updated your video drivers? have you checked the actuall connection (the wire from the monitor to the pc)? have you tried other known working monitors from other systems? or your monitor on another system? is it an onboard video card or other type? if it is an expansion type graphics card do you have an onboard card as well?

ryair

ryair

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
That was quick!

Yep. I`ve tried this monitor on another computer, and this is the 3rd monitor to be tried on this computer. The lead is fine, and secure. The monitor didn`t come with any drivers, but it is a 14" tft display and is a V1210 HD14A. The system comes with onboard graphics, which is what I`m using.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried updating the drivers for the onboard graphix card?

ryair

ryair

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have the same version of the display driver that is on the asus downloads website, but I`m not sure if it is the most current version... This is a screen grab showing the driver versions (I think!)

Attached Thumbnails

• screen.jpg

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
looks like you're fin on the driver....(can't promise that though).....it's an awkward test but....do you have access to a pci graphix card? or agp? it almost sounds like the connector on the card is going bad (i've had it happen on a few onboard cards) or maybe the actual connection from it to the board is loose....

ryair

ryair

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I could probably borrow one to try. Thanks for your help... If only Asus were this good!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well.....they wouldn't want to admit fault if it's their problem.....let us know how it goes.