Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nothing installs!

• Please log in to reply

Sprite_1896

Sprite_1896

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok, my problems are wide and large.. they all started when i bought this new pc

Pentium D 2.8 GHz
Corsair 1Gb Ram (2 512 sticks) Dual channel
250GB maxtor 16mb cacge HD
Nvidia 6800 Ultra
Asus P5ld2 Motherboard
on board sound/lan

First i had windows 64 bit edition installed it worked fine for a while, but i wanted to play bf2 and it didnt work too well so i decided to switch to windpws sp2...

thats when i hit the realshit...

NOTHING installs froom a CD! it always says this fiel is corrupt, or missin, or that same stupid "retry" message.

I took the same Sims2 CD upstairs on another pc works fine, before people mention ti i HAVE changed CD rom, i've changed the IDE cable, i have the latest drivers for EVERYTHIng but stil NO JOY... Memory is fine, RAM is fine, HD is fine... as i had it checked by a repair shop...

BF2 installs fine on another system, but not this, sims2 installs fine on another system but not this... same problem during install "file is missing or int he case of BF2 m5d error ..<filename> retry?"

I'm going nuts cos i get crashes with bf2 too as well and ic an't get it to work it only used ot work in windows x64...

Can anyone help me please?!!!!!

Advertisements

trouduc

trouduc

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Ok, my problems are wide and large.. they all started when i bought this new pc

Pentium D 2.8 GHz
Corsair 1Gb Ram (2 512 sticks) Dual channel
250GB maxtor 16mb cacge HD
Nvidia 6800 Ultra
Asus P5ld2 Motherboard
on board sound/lan

First i had windows 64 bit edition installed it worked fine for a while, but i wanted to play bf2 and it didnt work too well so i decided to switch to windpws sp2...

thats when i hit the realshit...

NOTHING installs froom a CD! it always says this fiel is corrupt, or missin, or that same stupid "retry" message.

I took the same Sims2 CD upstairs on another pc works fine, before people mention ti i HAVE changed CD rom, i've changed the IDE cable, i have the latest drivers for EVERYTHIng but stil NO JOY... Memory is fine, RAM is fine, HD is fine... as i had it checked by a repair shop...

BF2 installs fine on another system, but not this, sims2 installs fine on another system but not this... same problem during install "file is missing or int he case of BF2 m5d error ..<filename> retry?"

I'm going nuts cos i get crashes with bf2 too as well and ic an't get it to work it only used ot work in windows x64...

Can anyone help me please?!!!!!

View Post

What file specifically is missing? Complete error messages please. Try removing and reinstalling the HDD controller and optical drives in the device manager. (aka remove, reboot, reinstall with latest driver) If you have not already, get the RAID driver for your onboard HDD controller from the mobo manufacturer's site. Worst case scenario, you could create ISO images of the install CDs, copy them over the network and use daemon tools to emulate a cd to install from.