Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

morrowind

• Please log in to reply

Chekon

Chekon

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i have a new video card and ive been wanting to play morrowind the elder scrolls 3 but it says i need 32 bit true color and i was wondering if theirs a driver or an update or anythign but a new video tathle give me that caus eif i get a new one just to play this game ill have to downgrade and then itl really suck cause i wotn be able to play anythign but that game pleas ehelp me

Advertisements

Bloodstalker

Bloodstalker

• Pip
  • 4 posts
What video card are you using? If you've got a newer model video card, I don't think you'd have to do anything other than install the latest drivers and simply choose to use the right setting in the display config.

MW has been out for awhile now, so unless you have a really old card, you should be able to play the game fine.

If you just need to change the display settings, just go to control panel, display, go to the settings tab, and change the setting to 32 bit from there.

If you don't have the setting available, try going to the website of the company that makes the card and downloading the latest drivers, and then try changing the setting.

Also make sure that you've already loaded the drivers that came with the card. Windows loads the generic driver when you install the card and turn your computer on, so you have to run the installation yourself after it boots up the first time.

Without knowing what card you're useing, there's no real way to know if it will run the game or not, but I'm assuming when you said you got a new card, it's plenty new enough to run the game so it has to be a settings thing or driver related.

Chekon

Chekon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i got an S3 Graphics ProSavage 8A26 its beeter than twhat i had and it plays the wc cgis so it works fro me but it ddoesnt have the 32 bit true color for it so i cnat change ive tried