Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Exactly!! think the worse!! lol

:tazz:

Excal

Advertisements

lannie

lannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
:tazz: Sad, very sad! Good thing I didn't get my hopes too high...I ran SpywareDr., Spybot, etc. All clean. Then I ran MWav (the one you had me download). Bad news...Bearshare and Unknowntoolbar. Also ran CWshredder and it found CWS (that was able to be removed. The pop-ups continue, but in general the computer seems better. Still get knocked offline and have program crashes. Never used to.
Now what....thanks
Lannie

lannie

lannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hi! Forgot to mention...I also ran WinPFind and it produced something called patterns.txt. It was quite a long list...Is it something you would want to look at. Last time it only showed the winpfind.txt. This time there was a pattern list too.
thanks

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
can you show me the lines from Mwav, and .txt files are really nothing to be concered about, but I would liek to take a look :)

any other logs that you ran, go ahead and post them too.

Tom

lannie

lannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Something is very, very wrong. I just ran Panda Activescan and it found BargainBuddy. Won't remove - so I need help, but this is new stuff. Wasn't here the other day. Not only can I not fix computer...it is getting more diseases. Don't get it. I run IMSecure Pro, Zone Alarm, AVG. I regularly scan with Lavasoft and Spybot and every single day I run Ccleaner to remove history and temp files. What's going on :tazz:
HELP!
Here are the pattern lines from WinPFind:
UPX!
FSG!
PEC2
PECompact2
Umonitor
qoologic
aspack
PTech
urllogic
ad-beh
ad-behNior.com
sYVLLSAKY
_rtneg3
SAHAgent
buddy.exe
ZepMon
aurora.exe
;2x(V]@BMD
Tlji7Mk
urllogic
KavSvc
abetterinternet.com
8B!7F\(T
testpopup
web-nex
yourkey
winsync
rec2_run
WinShutDown
ad-w-a-r-e.com

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
I need to have the whole log, thats just what it searched for :tazz:

alos let me have a new HJT and just the results of the Mwav that you saw with bearshare and unknow tool bar.

Tom

lannie

lannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I have some good news - Finally! I realized that Comcast now offers a McAfee Spyware scan and removal. I just began a scan and would not believe what it found and removed. After just a partial run. Am going to let it finish and then do all the other checks over again. Will keep you posted! :tazz:
Thanks
S

lannie

lannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Are all BackWeb and BackWeblite programs "bad". I have Kodak on the computer and it is recommending that I delete. Are all of these that auto update dangerous? Can you keep the Software but disable the "backweb" portion?? :tazz:
thanks again

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
This is how they define Backweb:

backWeb.exe is an adware by Backweb Technologies which offers news and entertainment services in exchange for personal usage information regarding the PC being sent back to BackWeb's servers for analysis. Many high range computer manufactorers have entered into an agreement with backweb to install this product by default on work-stations in exchange for other services from the backweb application. This program is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately. Please see additional details regarding this process

I am unsure if you can disable just that without affecting a program. Might want to try some trial and error.

lannie

lannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hi! Obviously my AVG (Freeware) was not catching everything. I just began the McAfee virus scan (It finished the spyware scan and found and removed a ton of items). The McAfee anti-virus is a special offer through my Comcast. It has found Reg/Seeker Trojan and has removed a bunch of files. Still scanning. Will let you know how things progress. :tazz:

Advertisements

lannie

lannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Ran everything I could think of. Cleaned out lots more. Rebooted and ran HJT. The results are posted below...What do you think now?!!
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:18:33 PM, on 9/2/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ScsiAccess.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\mps\mscifapp.exe
C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HPINST~1\Pavilion\XPHNABS3EN\plugin\bin\pchbutton.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe
C:\Program Files\Emoticons Mail\emomail.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Comcast\COMCAS~1\data\Xtras\mssysmgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
C:\Program Files\IMsecure\IMsecure.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\msoffice.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\OPXPApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Personal Firewall\MpfTray.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\setups\Lions, Tigers & Viruses!! OH MY\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-us8.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-us8.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://us8.hpwis.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: McBrwHelper Class - {227B8AA8-DAF2-4892-BD1D-73F568BCB24E} - c:\program files\mcafee.com\mps\mcbrhlpr.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee PopupKiller - {3EC8255F-E043-4cae-8B3B-B191550C2A22} - c:\program files\mcafee.com\mps\popupkiller.dll
O2 - BHO: Comcast Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-93BE-BE2DF4D9AE29} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMCAS~1\COMCAS~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll (disabled by BHODemon)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~2\tools\iesdpb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: hp toolkit - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\HP\EXPLOREBAR\HPTOOLKT.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Comcast Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-93BE-BE2DF4D9AE29} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMCAS~1\COMCAS~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPSExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\mps\mscifapp.exe /embedding
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIEW] rundll32.exe nview.dll,nViewLoadHook
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Acme.PCHButton] C:\PROGRA~1\HPINST~1\Pavilion\XPHNABS3EN\plugin\bin\pchbutton.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Emoticons Mail] C:\Program Files\Emoticons Mail\emomail.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PhotoShow Deluxe Media Manager] C:\PROGRA~1\Comcast\COMCAS~1\data\Xtras\mssysmgr.exe
O4 - Startup: IMsecure.lnk = C:\Program Files\IMsecure\IMsecure.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward &Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cac&hed Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Si&milar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.exe (HKCU)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: msvcr71 - http://download.pest...nts/msvcr71.cab
O16 - DPF: ppctlcab - http://www.pestscan....er/ppctlcab.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcaf...96/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcaf...,26/mcgdmgr.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: OPXPGina - C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\opxpgina.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - McAfee Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Softex OmniPass Service (omniserv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: ScsiAccess - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ScsiAccess.EXE

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
The problem is that you HJT has been looking clean....lol

How is it running?

open Hijackthis and do a scan. Please check off the following items:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

click FIX CHECKED then close Hijackthis

lannie

lannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I believe it may finally be fixed! I ran the new McAfee Spyscan and virus program. Spyware came back clean. Virus check still running. Ran other virus checks and it seemed clean. Running quicker, no popups, so far. Removed AVG free and Zone Alarm free version. Am going to use the McAfee for now.
Bootup time still seems too slow...any suggestions??!! or should I just be happy?!
Thanks for everything. I went ahead and removed webshots and weatherbug just to be extra safe. :tazz:

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
You can fix this in HJT

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE

That will help a little bit on boot up. I would imagine that the McAfee is slowing you down more than the AVG would.

I am still crossing my fingers!!

Excal

lannie

lannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Thanks. How do you feel about the McAfee as compared to AVG. It was a knee jerk reaction to remove the AVG, since I had so many problems all of a sudden. I had liked AVG and had recommended it to lots of people I know. What do you think?
Thanks again for everything. :tazz: