Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hi i have a huge problem

• Please log in to reply

Neel2k5

Neel2k5

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
hi new let me get 2 the point
i have windows xp and i downloaded this thing called windows xp themes and i tried to uninstall it and i cant do it i restarted my computer cuz it froze now i cant do anything not even go to explorer no icons no inter net i get a message like this this aplication failed to start because Uxthemes.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem. plz help :tazz: im lost :) and my dad will kill me if he finds out :) plz help

Advertisements

Neel2k5

Neel2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
btw i have limewire just to let u guys kno

Ploper

Ploper

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Try "System Restore" tool.

Go to - Start---Programs---Accessories---Accessibility---System Restore.

Neel2k5

Neel2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
No start menu or icons if i open internet i cannot access websites

somepeoplearebornleet

somepeoplearebornleet

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
ctrl+alt+del and click on process tab.
Check to see if you see a process by the name of "explorer.exe"
Then if you do not see it go back to Applications and Click on new task.
Type in explorer.exe and hit enter.
Now your icons should be back up.

Neel2k5

Neel2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Could not start because Uxtheme.dll was not found reinstalling this application might solve this problem

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Neel2k5...Welcome to G2G...

First off...you need to get rid of the P2P apps...you can't imagine the nasties that can get to your machine through these services!

Restart your machine and while it is booting tap the F8 key. When the options screen comes up, choose "Last Known Good Configuration" and hit Enter. If this allows you get your Windows going, use the system restore feature to restore to a time before the problems began.

wannabe1

Neel2k5

Neel2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
k thnx ima gonna try tommorow and tell u guys wat happens
:tazz:

Neel2k5

Neel2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
The application has failed to start because UxTheme.dll was not found. Re-Installing this application might fix this problem. :)

This was after i pressed f8 and then i put it in the last known good configuration and it is still that way can u call me or i call u and tell me how to do this and i dont kno how to get rid of p2p apps call me Edited or give me ur # and time so i can call u
:tazz: :)

Not a good idea to post a telephone number on any forum

Edited by don77, 16 August 2005 - 04:56 PM.

Neel2k5

Neel2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
k anybody got an idea wat happened 2 my comp?? :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok Neel2k5...let's try something else...

Can you navigate on your machine at all?...ie: can you open "My Computer" for instance? (Perhaps by pressing the Windows Start key between Ctrl and Alt)

If you can't access My Computer, can you get to Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del)? AND do you have your Windows XP install disk? If the answer is yes to both of these, put your cd in the drive, bring up the task manager, click "file", then "new task", and type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes (Note the space bewtween sfc and /) then press "Enter" to replace the missing system file. When the progress bar is finished...restart your machine.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 16 August 2005 - 11:17 PM.

Neel2k5

Neel2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
k when i did that and there is a message files that are required for windows to run properly ust be copied to dll cache. insert ur windows xp home edition service pack 2 cd ow.

The problem is i didnt get the cd with the comp they said it was installed in the computer so should i reboot the whole computer?? :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Neel2k5...

I'm going to need a little more information. What is the make and model of your machine. There are ways to repair/restore your computer from a partition mounted cd image, but procedures vary by manufacturer and model. Let me know what we are working on and we'll see if we can't get it up and running.

wannabe1

Neel2k5

Neel2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
dont need ur help guys thnx anyway i did a system restore and everthing is back 2 normal and my internet is supposed 2 run at 300kbps now it runs at 1.5 mbps even better thnx for ur help agn anyway guys HAVE A NICE DAY :) :ph34r: :ph34r: :) :tazz: :)