Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Have audio problem!

• Please log in to reply

KJKlosters

KJKlosters

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz:
One day there was no more sound and can't get it back (can not even remember when exactly it disappeared).

If I go under system -> sound and audio it indicated that all above mentioned hardware is working, but volume is completely grayed and i cannot change the volume.

Under DEVICE MANAGER it shows the following devices for sound:
Audiocodecs, Legacy-audiodriver, Legacy video, media controls, MEDION (7134) WDM Video capture, MEDION TV-Turner 7134 MK2/3, MPU-401-compatible MIDI, Realtek AC'97 Audio, standard game port, standard game port, Terra Tec Aureon 5.1 Fun, Videocodes (all of them are ready to use, no exclamation marks or other signs next to any of them).

Have a MEDION desktop PC with 2.67 gHtz Intel Pentuim 4, Main Circuit Board is from Micro-Star International MS-6701, Bus Clock 133 megahertz, BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD 6.00 PG
I installed a sound card from Terra Tec Aureon 5.1 Fun, but for the sake of testing I disabled it under BIOS and only enabled the built-in sound card Realtek AC'97 Audio. I also downloaded the latest driver from Realtek website (version 5.10.0.5870) hoping that might fix the problem, but it doesn't.

Anybody got an idea??

Advertisements

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
try going into the bios and loading optimized defaults as strange as it sound, after u have put another card in it, it can upset the original card so do that and lets hope that fixes your little problem if not let me know and ill have a firther look.

KJKlosters

KJKlosters

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz:
Dear THE ONE
Did everything you said and my dad's PC sound works again!! Thanks a lot!! (sorry that due to holiday absence I reply only today to say it works and THANK YOU!!)

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
you are more them welcome glad to have helped :tazz: and that it worked.

[RoOF]UberDaz

[RoOF]UberDaz

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
nice work the one