Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AGP slot isnt detected in my new mobo

• Please log in to reply

Shadbld2

Shadbld2

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Heres my problem. I just installed a new abit nf7 series mobo, amd athlon xp 2600, volcano 8 cooling fan and a stick of ram. I turned it on now my monitor isnt detecting my 9800pro. Any suggestions? The computer itself turns on, but the monitor just sits there black.

Before anyone asks I would have reformated my old stuff BUT my mobo died and took my cpu with it. There is also no other way to plug in my monitor there is no on board graphics card.

I installed the same card into my moms computer and it works so the card isnt dead. What could be the problem?

Now my mobo has no onboard graphics so I cant plug my monitor into the appropriate slot.

I saw a topic similar to my problem but the thing is I cant even get into the bios options to fix it my monitor is completely blank.

Edited by Shadbld2, 15 August 2005 - 06:24 PM.

Advertisements

Shadbld2

Shadbld2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
bump :tazz:

Leurgy

Leurgy

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Are you saying that you are using the same hard drive as before?
If so that isn't going to work. If you don't see the initial screen that shows your bios type and counts your ram and you aren't getting any beeps you have not installed everything correctly. Disconnect all the peripherals so you have only the mobo, CPU, Ram and Video card. Don't even connect the hard drive. You should be able to access the bios and get the initial screen at that point.

What is your operating system?

Shadbld2

Shadbld2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Windows XP Pro.

Shadbld2

Shadbld2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It didnt work :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
try doing the above stuff with the mobo out of the case on a piece of cardboard...you'll probably have to take your psu out of the case so the wires will reach