Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless network

• Please log in to reply

t-man

t-man

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
I am trying to connect to an already existing wireless network, I can get on to the internet but I can't view the workgroup. Both computers already on the network are running on windows xp and the one i am trying to connect is also running on windows xp. when I click on view workgroup computers I get a message saying ,"Office is not accessible. you might not have the permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. A list of servers for this workgroup is not available." Does anyone know how to connect my computer?
Thanks

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
have you enabled the file sharing?

t-man

t-man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
yes i have but i still can not view the work group on my other wireless network.

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
try net view command. if you receive system error 5, it i spermission issue; if 53, it is name resolution issue. check this page for the details,

how to troubleshoot internet access issuesHow to Setup Network, Internet Sharing, Remote Access and VPN Step by Step Guide ... New: Troubleshooting System Error 1130, Troubleshooting Windows Server ...
http://www.howtonetw...rnetaccess0.htm