Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New OS on S-ATA Drive

• Please log in to reply

texaviator23

texaviator23

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I purchased a Maxtor Diamondmax10 100gb S-ATA hard drive from Best Buy today, also picked up a Radeon X850 Pro. Installed all the hardware and ran the HD config disk and partitiond the drive and formatted it. When I went to add Windows XP I hit f6 and added the disk that the HD made to add the driver. When i hit enter it goes to the continue with xp and restore screen when I hit enter it says it cant find the hd. I went to maxtor website and got a new S-ATA driver, also went to the mobo website and got a new driver there as well but still says it cant find the hd. The maxtor software can see it just fine and tell me all about it. ANY help would be appreciated. I have noticed this is a common problem.

Mobo Asus A7V880
Radeon Xt850

Advertisements

Deadringers

Deadringers

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
i donno

texaviator23

texaviator23

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

i donno

View Post

Got it fixed about three hours ago with a disk maker from Asus and the updated driver.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
For future notice anyone who reads this,when installing sata HDDs you get the appropriate drivers from your motherboard manufacturer not your drive manufacturer.