Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how can i secure my wireless router

• Please log in to reply

the1derfull

the1derfull

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
what'up fellers?
some hackers have been infiltrating my network and disconnecting me from my own wireless router before login on and used my wireless service.
I will reelly appreciate if someone someone can help me configure my router so that these people won't never again have access to my router and try to disconnect me.

thanks in advance

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
this may help,

wireless setup
Wireless stops working while the connection is good Wireless Security. How to fix wireless connection issues. 1. Make sure all wireless devices are using ...
http://www.chicagote...et/wireless.htm

the1derfull

the1derfull

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
hi chicagotech, and thank you for helping me fix this issue. What i meant was when i click on view available wireless networks. i see my network and many other network that are secured and inaccessible wirelessly. meanwhile mine says unsecure network and it's easily accessible.
what should i do to keep people from using my router (make it secured with the lock on it just like other people network.)

thanks again

matt_fleming

matt_fleming

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
You can do a couple of things:

1.) Use WEP encryption. This is done by accessing the 'admin' panel on your router.

2.) Stop broadcasting the SSID (the name for you router) (is that the right term? I forget)

3.) Filter by MAC addresses.

-Matt

Edited by matt_fleming, 17 August 2005 - 01:17 PM.