Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thanks So Much

• Please log in to reply

londonbeans

londonbeans

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi Everyone :)

Just wanted to say a big thank you for your help.

I have been searching the internet for a problem solving site and glad I eventually found this one.

I have a teenage son and as you can image he visits a large variety of sites, especially ones that carry adware. :tazz:

My computer had so many pop ups it was like a fair ground attraction to watch. I had tried several adware products but they all only just did a small selection. The final straw was when SurfYa was loaded on the pc and I couldn't get rid of it. When putting SurfYa in my search engine I found Geekstogo.com.

I followed the instuctions on their first page before giving my problems on the message board and it all dissapeared. I was amazed by the amount of s**t the computer was holding. :)

Well I now have a nice clean computer, well I think so, SurfYa has gone and Aurora is no longer popping up every minute. :ph34r:

Thanks so much

Vanessa :ph34r:

Advertisements

Yppolitia

Yppolitia

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Id like to take this chance to thanks everyone too, I wouldnt have been able to fix alot of problems without the help of you guys.

Marj

Marj

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I, too, want to add my thanks. We had that nasty PS Guard, and my son has been trying all week to get rid of it. I found your site and followed the instructions, and now it's gone! This comes right after having lost everything due to a virus. I'm so glad I didn't have to go back to the store and shell out another $59. Again, much, much thanks! :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Thank you for the wonderful comments everyone! :) I'm glad we were able to help! :tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Wow! Great comments, and much appreciated. :)

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.

My computer had so many pop ups it was like a fair ground attraction to watch.

:tazz: I like that description.