Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Archiving Virus Definitions in NAV2003

• Please log in to reply

smartjean4u

smartjean4u

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi ,
i have a norton antivirus 2003 professional edition. we all know that we can update virus using norton live update. it just downloads the files and installs. but sometimes if there is a need for formating my system or in some case i have to uninstall and install a fresh clean os the previously files and programs will be erased. if any program is removed we can reinstall it for ex if norton in uninstalled it can be reinstalled but what about the virus definitions i downloaded using liveupdate? i need to download them again from the first. but when you go to symantec website we can download the virus definitions has .exe file and it can be added to the norton by intelligent updater so i dont actually download from live update i straitly go to the website i download the .exe file and copy it to cd and install it whenever i format my system but for the software downloads or other program updates in nav how to archive those files?????????????

or atleast his there any way that while downloading in live update it will store the downloaded files in some folder can you give me the path where it stores all the downloaded files so i could copy it and burn it in a cd and install it whenever i reinstall my nav.......

i would be gratefull if you help us.
and you will also be rewarded with free gmail invitation.

Advertisements