Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two problems for ya!

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware (tab) -> Device Manager (button).

Do you have any devices with yellow question marks, or explanation marks?

Under ports, do you have a LPT1 port?

Advertisements

Paroxysm

Paroxysm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Under ports it lists: Com1
Com2
Printer Port - this has an exclamation mark on it
No LPT1 port
Under sound & video & game controllers
Creative Sound Blaster PCI 128 Legacy Drive
ES 1688 Audio Drive - both have exclamation marks

If I try to run the Hardware Conflict troubleshooter from here, when click on next nothing happens, just a blank window. (Just what I need, more problems <_< )

Oh yeah, Happy B-Day on Saturday!

Edited by Paroxysm, 12 March 2004 - 06:51 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I've never have been very good with IRQ conflicts, just never dealt with them very often.

My best guess is your sound card and and printer port are having a conflict over IRQ 7. Double-click on "Computer" in Device Manager, and then you can view all resources in use.

If your sound card is causing a hardware conflict, you can usually adjust its settings with the Resources tab after clicking on it in the Device Manager (if it is a software configurable device). If your card uses jumpers, you will need to power off the computer and adjust them, before the device will work.

Paroxysm

Paroxysm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Oh well, I tried a couple more things and still no luck. I haven't opened it up to see if there's jumpers and guess I won't. No sense messing anything else up. I'll just bite the bullet and have the store set it up again and maybe they'll give up the secret to me this time. If I find out I'll definitely put up a post to let you know.

Thanx again for all your help with fixing up my OS and showing me how to get rid of all those little nasties! <_<

Best to all!!! :D
Paroxysm.