Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

laptop power supply coonector get too hot

• Please log in to reply

soteu00

soteu00

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i have a provlem with my laptop,when connected to teh power suply ,,the connectords get too hot and and burn,,so i canot use it anymore,,,the batery take ages to get fully charged,,and dont last couple of minuts
but the min problem is the burned connectors,,tehy are made of rubber,, and burn

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. Seems like you have a serious power supply problem if you are actually burning connectors. Replace the power supply or take it to a qualified reputable repair shop and have it done. Seriously, if you don't know how to do this, take it to a trained electronics technician. You can get hurt messing with ac and dc power, especially when there is obvious evidence of trouble like burnt connections.

soteu00

soteu00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
well i even change to another dc power,,but connectors still beem burned,,problably the problem is inside the laptop
another thing i think the baterry is dead ,becouse it just take minuts to discharge
i need to have an idea to what can be the problem,,from one of you

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
yea, the problem is inside the computer. It is drawing too much current thus buring the connectors. See my previous post for recommended actions.

paresh patel

paresh patel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
laptop power connector is broken from the motherboard it is hp company and where i found that connector. please reply me on my email. it is pareshmadhi@rediffmail.com. i lived in cleveland oh 44112. thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: paresh patel

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Please remove your email info and no assistance is given through email pursuant to the Terms Of Use on the site.