Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rjack11

rjack11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You will have to bare with me Im no pc expert . I have accidently dowloaded a load of zip files on limewire which I think are spyware . They are in the upload section of the libary.

They have titles such as

act of war direct action

batch and print pro 2.00

Hide IP platinum

The list goes on and on with various [bleep] zips

They are all file size 69.4kb :)

Ive tried deleting them and they keep resurfacing , I even re installed limewire and they are still there . Ive used anti virus software and nothing ever shows up.

At first I thought it wasnt a big deal . But recently a few dodgy things have happened like the computor dialing a connection . Plus limewire always restarts after I exit it. I disabled the connection to the net and a message popped up that limewire had to be reinstalled . Its starting to scare me a bit can you help please guys?? :tazz:

Advertisements

Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,019 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and reply here with your log.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,019 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.