Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP SUSE Disaster - help!

• Please log in to reply

TN Girl

TN Girl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OK Guys - here goes:

My father had an hp pavillion notebook. He removed the factory installed Windows XP Home and installed Windows XP Pro. He then added Suse Linux as the main partition and made Windows 2ndary.

Worked like a charm for over six months. Gave to me. Still was fantastic. Used internet on windows only. Suse was still set up for his network.

Friday afternoon, for no reason, the computer will not boot up in Windows. It gets hung up on the Windows XP Icon on the blue screen. Not even a start button.

Will boot up in Suse, but as I said there's no internet access. Went into Safe Mode - won't even restart in safe mode.

Is there anything I can do on my end? Since he changed OS's the warranty doesn't apply - also it's too old.

Help! Thanks

Edited by TN Girl, 16 August 2005 - 08:53 AM.

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Moving this to OS where you may get the help you need.