Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

white/grey dekstop virus [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

runactlife

runactlife

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i've read a bunch of other posts about people who have this white and grey flashing desktop that covers the desktop image but not icons, but all of them say run hijackthis and correct specifc things. problem is none of what is listed on those posts comes up when i run hijack this on my computer. any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

here's my most recent hijackthis log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:59:04 AM, on 8/16/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Ewido Security Suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Don Administrator\Donnie\Documents\Programs\Virus Protection\reg\regprot.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Don Administrator\Donnie\Documents\Programs\Virus Protection\HijackThis.exe

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {02EE5B04-F144-47BB-83FB-A60BD91B74A9} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00830367-577A-4D22-9C6C-ACC2F3C3702E} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: WinStat - {0BAE99AF-A9F7-4f7e-9C72-2C1CC81BE0FF} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4A6C260C-2502-AEF8-D818-45657188FC63} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: ATI TV - {44226DFF-747E-4edc-B30C-78752E50CD0C} - C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\TV\EXPLBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.windupdates.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.windupdates.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted IP range: 195.225.176.23
O16 - DPF: {238F6F83-B8B4-11CF-8771-00A024541EE3} (Citrix ICA Client) - http://nfuse1.manasq...ca32/wficac.cab
O16 - DPF: {9FC5238F-12C4-454F-B1B5-74599A21DE47} (Webshots Photo Uploader) - http://community.web...otoUploader.CAB
O16 - DPF: {E6EB803E-DD89-11D3-80C4-0050DA2E09D0} (LightSurfUploadCtl Class) - http://prints.pictur...loadControl.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: iexplore - gl43d.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\Ewido Security Suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: svchost.exe (moto) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi runactlife and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Excal and I will be helping you

DOWNLOAD PROGRAMS

Download and install CleanUp! Here
*NOTE* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temp/temporary folders and does not make backups.

We will use this program later.

THE FIX

Please read this post completely, it may make it easier for you if you copy and paste this post to a new text document or print it for reference later.

1. Click this link to be sure you can view hidden files.

2. Ensure you are NOT connected to the internet.

3. Reboot into safe mode.

Restart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap F8. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.

4. Go to Start->Run and type in services.msc and hit OK. Then look for svchost.exe (moto) and double click on it. Click on the Stop button and under Startup type, choose Disabled.

5. Open up and run Ewido:
  • Click on scanner
  • Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
  • During the scan when it ask if you want to clean the first file, put a check in the lower left corner of the box that says "Perform action on all infections" then choose clean and click OK
  • When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
  • Save the report to your desktop
Close Ewido

6. Close all browsers, windows and unneeded programs.

7. Open HiJack and do a scan.

8. Put a Check next to the following items:

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {02EE5B04-F144-47BB-83FB-A60BD91B74A9} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00830367-577A-4D22-9C6C-ACC2F3C3702E} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: WinStat - {0BAE99AF-A9F7-4f7e-9C72-2C1CC81BE0FF} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4A6C260C-2502-AEF8-D818-45657188FC63} - (no file)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.windupdates.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.windupdates.com (HKLM)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: iexplore - gl43d.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: svchost.exe (moto) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe (file missing)

9. click the Fix Checked box

10. Please remove just the files from the following paths using Windows Explorer (if present):

C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe

11. Run the program CleanUp!

12. Delete Bad Serivce
  • Open HiJackThis
  • Click on the configure button on the bottom right
  • Click on the tab "Misc Tools"
  • click on "delete an NT service"
  • Copy and paste this in the box: moto
  • Click "ok", then reboot
13. Reboot into normal mode and please run this online virus scan: ActiveScan - Save the results from the scan!

14. Please post the Active scan log and a fresh HiJackThis log. Let me know how your computer is running.

Edited by Excal, 16 August 2005 - 10:37 AM.

runactlife

runactlife

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks so much for your quick response. so heres where i'm at now: i did everything you told me to do so far. still have the grey/white screen. aslo when i rebooted normally and logged in, my profile settings have changed and my start menu and task bar are in the classic windows mode (plain grey boxy version). i cant change it back because since ive had this grey/white screen, the appearance tab on the Display settings window has gone missing. anyway, here are the ActiveScan and the HJT logs. hope they help, and thanks again!

ACTIVESCAN:

Incident Status Location

Virus:W32/Smitfraud.D Disinfected Operating system
Adware:adware/azesearch No disinfected C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DON ADMINISTRATOR\FAVORITES\SECURITY\Check new antiviruses.url
Adware:adware/portalscan No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winupdt.bin
Spyware:spyware/surfsidekick No disinfected C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DON ADMINISTRATOR\APPLICATION DATA\Sskknwrd.dll
Spyware:spyware/betterinet No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\INF\banner.inf
Adware:adware/ipinsight No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\INF\polall1r.inf
Adware:adware/ncase No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\salmau.dat
Adware:adware/gator No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\FT1_02_0_402_GEPFAH.EXE
Adware:adware/ilookup No disinfected C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DON ADMINISTRATOR\FAVORITES\Gambling
Spyware:spyware/istbar No disinfected C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DON ADMINISTRATOR\FAVORITES\Adult Sites
Adware:adware/addestroyer No disinfected C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\AdDestroyer
Adware:adware/sidefind No disinfected Windows Registry
Virus:Bck/Haxdoor.AI Disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\cm.dll
Virus:W32/Smitfraud.D Disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\wininet.dll
Spyware:Spyware/BetterInet No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\inf\banner.inf
Spyware:Spyware/BetterInet No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\inf\satmat.inf
Adware:Adware/Transponder No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\inf\polall1r.inf
Spyware:Spyware/Media-motor No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1\mm21.INF
Hacktool:Hacktool/Processor No disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Don Administrator\Donnie\Documents\Programs\Virus Protection\nailfix\Process.exe

HIJACKTHIS:

Scan saved at 3:23:20 PM, on 8/16/2005
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winmine.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Don Administrator\Donnie\Documents\Programs\Virus Protection\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Panda_cleaner_41898] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ActiveScan\pavdr.exe 41898
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: ATI TV - {44226DFF-747E-4edc-B30C-78752E50CD0C} - C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\TV\EXPLBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O16 - DPF: {238F6F83-B8B4-11CF-8771-00A024541EE3} (Citrix ICA Client) - http://nfuse1.manasq...ca32/wficac.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {9FC5238F-12C4-454F-B1B5-74599A21DE47} (Webshots Photo Uploader) - http://community.web...otoUploader.CAB
O16 - DPF: {E6EB803E-DD89-11D3-80C4-0050DA2E09D0} (LightSurfUploadCtl Class) - http://prints.pictur...loadControl.cab
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\Ewido Security Suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Looks alot better. This fix should address your desktop :tazz:

HERE and go to Save As (in Internet Explorer it's "Save Target As") in order to download Grinler's reg file. Save it to your desktop.

Locate "smitfraud.reg" on your desktop and double-click it. When asked if you want to merge with the registry, click YES. Wait for the "merged successfully" prompt then follow the rest of the instructions below.

Please read this post completely, it may make it easier for you if you copy and paste this post to a new text document or print it for reference later.

DOWNLOAD PROGRAMS

Download smitRem.exe and save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.

If you have not already installed Ad-Aware SE 1.06, follow these download and setup instructions, otherwise, check for updates:
Ad-Aware SE Setup
Don't run it yet!

THE FIX

1. Click this link to be sure you can view hidden files.

2. Ensure you are NOT connected to the internet.

3. Reboot into safe mode.

Restart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap F8. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.

4. Please remove the following folders using Windows Explorer (if present):

C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DON ADMINISTRATOR\FAVORITES\Gambling
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DON ADMINISTRATOR\FAVORITES\Adult Sites
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\AdDestroyer
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DON ADMINISTRATOR\FAVORITES\SECURITY\Check new antiviruses.url

5. Please remove just the files from the following paths using Windows Explorer (if present):

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winupdt.bin
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DON ADMINISTRATOR\APPLICATION DATA\Sskknwrd.dll
C:\WINDOWS\salmau.dat
C:\WINDOWS\FT1_02_0_402_GEPFAH.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cm.dll
C:\WINDOWS\inf\banner.inf
C:\WINDOWS\inf\satmat.inf
C:\WINDOWS\inf\polall1r.inf
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1\mm21.INF

6. Open the smitRem folder, then double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen.
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.

The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.

7. Open Ad-aware and do a full scan. Remove all it finds.

8. Now open and run Ewido:
  • Click on scanner
  • Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
  • During the scan when it ask if you want to clean the first file, put a check in the lower left corner of the box that says "Perform action on all infections" then choose clean and click OK
  • When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
  • Save the report to your desktop
Close Ewido

9. Next go to Control Panel click Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Website > Uncheck "Security Info" if present.

10. Run the program CleanUp!

11. Reboot into normal mode and please run this online virus scan: ActiveScan - Save the results from the scan!

12. Please post the Active scan log, Ewido log, smitfiles.txt log and a fresh HiJackThis log. Let me know how your computer is running.

runactlife

runactlife

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
first off, thanks so much for your help.

i followed your directions to the best of my ability, but there was some trouble...

i couldn't run ad-aware or cleanup becasue i kept getting an error message that "wininet.dll" was missing. and i couldn't get back online either.

so i opened smitRem and ran the "replace" command figuring that would replace whatever was deleted from before when the program ran. and it said "wininet.dll is missing" or something like that, and it replaced it no problem.

also, when i was in the desktop/customize/web tab under control panel, i deselected, as well as deleted "security." so now i have my desktop back (thank youuu!)

here are all the most recent logs that i have as of now:

EWIDO:

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 7:31:07 PM, 8/16/2005
+ Report-Checksum: C990D737

+ Scan result:

No infected objects found.

::Report End

HIJACKTHIS

Scan saved at 7:48:07 PM, on 8/16/2005
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab

SMITFILES

smitRem log file
version 2.3

by noahdfear

The current date is: Tue 08/16/2005
The current time is: 16:53:17.73

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pre-run Files Present

~~~ Program Files ~~~

~~~ Shortcuts ~~~

~~~ Favorites ~~~

~~~ system32 folder ~~~

~~~ Icons in System32 ~~~

~~~ Windows directory ~~~

~~~ Drive root ~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post-run Files Present

~~~ Program Files ~~~

~~~ Shortcuts ~~~

~~~ Favorites ~~~

~~~ system32 folder ~~~

~~~ Icons in System32 ~~~

~~~ Windows directory ~~~

~~~ Drive root ~~~

~~~ Wininet.dll ~~~

CLEAN! :)

if there is anything else that you think i should do, or if i did something wrong, please let me know. your help was beyond great - easy to follow too. :tazz: thank you again so so so much.

sincerely - don

Edited by runactlife, 16 August 2005 - 05:50 PM.

runactlife

runactlife

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
one more thing though - i still can't change my appearance for the task bar and start menu, etc, back to the windows XP version. it only lets me select the windows classic look. any way to get that back?

thank you once again,

don

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Don,

I want to make sure thats a clean version of wininet.dll.
  • Please go to Jotti's malware scan
  • Copy and paste the following file path into the "File to upload & scan"box on the top of the page:
    • C:\Windows\System32\wininet.dll
  • Click on the submit button
  • Please post the results in your next reply.
Lets fix your dektop:

Please download the file I have attached to this post to your desktop

Unzip it and MOVE the luna.msstyles which is present in that folder you unzipped to next folder: C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna
Don't move it to anywhere else than that folder!

When moved it there, rightclick on your desktop > properties ... and look if Windows XPstyle is now present again. Choose apply and OK.

If not, reboot first, and try again to select Windows XPstyle

runactlife

runactlife

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
alright, first - here's the wininet.dll scan. seems pretty good to me?

File: wininet.dll
Status: OK (Note: this file has been scanned before. Therefore, this file's scan results will not be stored in the database)
MD5 01893ed35886aff539b58a025736f7ed
Packers detected: -
Scanner results
AntiVir Found nothing
ArcaVir Found nothing
Avast Found nothing
AVG Antivirus Found nothing
BitDefender Found nothing
ClamAV Found nothing
Dr.Web Found nothing
F-Prot Antivirus Found nothing
Fortinet Found nothing
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Found nothing
NOD32 Found nothing
Norman Virus Control Found nothing
UNA Found nothing
VBA32 Found nothing

and i put the luna file in the theme thing, and altho there was already one there, it didn't say anything about a file of the same name already exisiting when i put it in. i went into properties and selected windows XP under the themes page and it did change this time. still no "windows xp style" under the appearance tab for windows and buttons, but it doesnt bother me because i can get it back now should i lose it again.

so once again thank you so so so much for your help. id still be sitting here staring at that obnoxious white and grey screen if it werent for you. ill be sure to use your guys' site again should i ever have another problem. again, thanks a million.

- don

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Everything is looking pretty good. Anymore problems?

open Hijackthis and do a scan. Please check off the following items:

click FIX CHECKED then close Hijackthis

reboot

Please post a fresh HiJackthis log

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.