Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Servicepack 2 for XP blocked my computer

• Please log in to reply

urzyk

urzyk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My friend installed Servicepack 2 for Windows XP on her laptop computer (HP 6000). After reboot it turned out that the system won't start. The computer restarts automatically after 20 seconds (even before Windows is loaded).

What can be the reason of this situation? How can we remove the Servicepack without accessing Windows (the safe mode won't work either)?

I can add that we had a problem with the SpySheriff malware recently. However, we removed it from the system thanks to the instructions posted somewhere on bleepingcomputer.com.

We'd really appreciate some help!!

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Try Repair Installtion, refer the following link for more details:
http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

urzyk

urzyk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks!!! The repair installation solved the problem! I guess, we'll stop messing with servicepacks now. Once burned twice shy...

However, I can't understand why they release something that causes such problems!

Anyway, thanks again for your help!