Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How To Start Fedora on Dual System

• Please log in to reply

Yppolitia

Yppolitia

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Basically, ive put in another hard drive to run Linux Fedora on as well as Windows XP. I installed it fine, no problems and it said that installation was comeplete.

When I restart my computer it just loads straight into XP without giving me the option of going into Fedora. I tried running form the boot disk but that just went to the installation option.

How do I run Fedora now that ive installed it?

Thanks In Advance

Advertisements

Scooped

Scooped

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Basically, ive put in another hard drive to run Linux Fedora on as well as Windows XP. I installed it fine, no problems and it said that installation was comeplete.

When I restart my computer it just loads straight into XP without giving me the option of going into Fedora. I tried running form the boot disk but that just went to the installation option.

How do I run Fedora now that ive installed it?

Thanks In Advance

View Post

So if I understand you correctly, you have installed FC to the slave, correct?

Did you install Grub to the MBR?

RAz

RAz

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
use CFDISK and set the linux main partition (not the swap) to ACTIVE and BOOTABLE and remove the ACTIVE flag from the win xp partition
edit the linux boot manager (lilo/grub) and add both operating systems
reboot the computer
when the computer restarts afther post you will see a boot magager wich will allow you to chose wich o/s to start