Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two nic's,1 pc,same ISP

• Please log in to reply

rohit

rohit

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
i have two nic's now wat i trying to find is that is there a way that i can use two packages of speed offered by my isp simulataneously on 1 pc.

if yes,how

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
probably not...but maybe....you would have to pay for 2 connections...you would need to purchase 2 static ips and assign one to each of the cards....but the big question is...why?

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
I'm not exactly sure what you are meaning, but most ISP's offer ISDN packages..which would essentially be 2 speed packages. You would have to pay your ISP for both the accounts, and make sure you have the right modems and configuration, but it would help you gain a higher speed internet. Then just use your network to share the connection on both PC's.

rohit

rohit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

probably not...but maybe....you would have to pay for 2 connections...you would need to purchase 2 static ips and assign one to each of the cards....but the big question is...why?

View Post

Actually i live in India, now here the broadband is like narrow band i should say ,the maximum speed my ISP provides me is 256kbps & here they offer diffrent packages for speed .So,now wat i wanted to know is that if i purchase two packs of 256kbps speeds & use them simultaneously i could get speed of 512kbps.

And my ISP doesnt provide me with static ip's ,some local ip is provided & my external ip keeps on changing whenever i login.

no router or modem is provided,some cat 5cable comes & is inserted in my lan card.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...the issue there is that with two nic cards you have to have 2 ip addresses...so basically instead of getting one 512 connection you would just get 2 256 connections...there would not really be a way to use them simultaneously....even with the two nic cards and static ip's you would only be able to use the cards seperately not together...such as...one for upload and one for down.

rohit

rohit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
so u mean tht if i get two 256 kbps packs then i can use 1 nic for download which would give me 512kbps for downloadin speed & other nic which i will use for upload which will also givewme 512kbps upload speed...am i right if yes how...plzz show me the light

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well....no...you would have one nic running at 256 and the other running at 256...but to my knowledge there isn't a way to differintiate (sp?) between which nic is going upstream and which isn't...i think the offer of 2 different speed packages is kind of supposed to be for 2 different machines.

rohit

rohit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

well....no...you would have one nic running at 256 and the other running at 256...but to my knowledge there isn't a way to differintiate (sp?) between which nic is going upstream and which isn't...i think the offer of 2 different speed packages is kind of supposed to be for 2 different machines.

View Post

yah it supposed to be used on two machines but isnt it possible to use on 1 machine

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
256 isnt fast enough? what are you trying to do?

Edited by todd333, 06 September 2005 - 02:28 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

yah it supposed to be used on two machines but isnt it possible to use on 1 machine

View Post

not effectively

rohit

rohit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

256 isnt fast enough? what are you trying to do?

View Post

dude where i live thats the fastest i can get :tazz: