Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DVD Drive

• Please log in to reply

tlavaux

tlavaux

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Im not able to set up my printer due to the fact that my d drive is not recognizing the disk. Can anyone help me figure this out? :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What is the make and model of the printer?

tlavaux

tlavaux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
windows xp/dell

tlavaux

tlavaux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
sorry didn't understand question. Dell Personal All-In-One PrinterA920.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.dell....=1&fileid=75909

You can download the drivers

tlavaux

tlavaux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
:tazz: thank you so much. I was able to hook up my computer from that web site. only thing though my drive still is not working. orignally i was putting in my drivers and utilities cd to hook up my computer but now i dont need it.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi tlavaux...Welcome to G2G!

I see Keith got your printer problem taken care of...would you like some help with your DVD drive problem?

wannabe1

tlavaux

tlavaux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I sure would!!!!!! :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi tlavaux...

A little info first...What is the make and model of your computer and what is the make and model of your DVD Drive (this can usually be found in the Device Manager).

One thing you CAN try in the meantime is to update or reinstall the drivers for the DVD drive. The easiest way to do this is to go into Device Manager, select the drive in the list, right click on it, and choose remove. Once the device (DVD drive) has been removed, restart your computer. The device should be automatically detected and reinstalled by the computer. (Note: you may or may not see the Install New Hardware Wizard.) Let me know how it goes...

wannabe1

tlavaux

tlavaux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Dell Inspiron 1100