Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New vid card help

• Please log in to reply

JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello,
I need to upgrade my video card, but not sure what is compatible with my system.
Would like to stay with either Nvidia or ATI. I am into gaming.

Everest report attached

Thanks

Attached File  Report.txt   191.37KB   601 downloads

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I couldnt see an agp speed, run cpu z i know it tells you, i like the x800s they offer the best price/performance ratio at the moment.

JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am actually looking at an X800pro from a friend of mine. He says, tho, it requires a 300W power supply...? Is that a separate PS or what? I think the one I have now is only 250W. Will this card work with my system?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You will need a new Power supply for that card, 250W isnt enough i dont get why they sell pcs with those in them they are really borderline to run them in the first place without any additions or upgrades. 350W or more should do you from a reputable company, you will see cheap ones for not alot of money dont get them generic PSUs are more trouble than they are worth.