Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very Annoying Problem

• Please log in to reply

McGregor_KD

McGregor_KD

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A while back I started building my first PC:
450watt PSU (came with case)
3.0p4 prescott Processor
GIGABYTE GA-8IPE1000PRO-G Socket 478 Intel 865PE ATX Intel Motherboard
VGA ATi Radeon 9800 Pro graphics card
2 512mb PC3200 DDR ram
ect ect

Well from the start I would hook everything up and double check all the connectors ect yet always had the same problem of a blank screen when I tried to boot up for the first time. Everything would run, lights, fans, and the CD-Roms would work yet there would always be a blank screen on the monitor with the light slowly blinking. I've tried both the listed Radeon and a Nvidia 5600 graphics card from a working PC and still had the same problem. I originally had an Intel 875(/) mobo that I replaced for the Gigabite one after thinking a faulty motherboard was the problem. I simply cannot get to bios setup or see anything but the lovely reflection of myself on a blank monitor screen.

To sum everything up I am 99% sure that the problem is not due to the motherboard; is not due to the graphics card; and is not due to faulty installation. That leaves me with a possibility of PSU problems, processor problem or Hard Drive problem. Seeing as how I've already replaced the motherboard with no real change is there anyone who's had this problem or seen it that could limit it down even further for me so i dont have to go through a new HD, CPU AND PSU? Or if I'm totally off-track, feel free to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

ea6b607

ea6b607

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
wuts your os