Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AMD FX-55

• Please log in to reply

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
I just got my newly ordered AMD FX-55 939 pin CPU form xtream gear, and well, i know i did order a OEM, but i didn't think OEM ment getting a bad part, cause the processor they sent me was in a fed-ex box (fine) filled with packing peonuts (still fine) then in a wireles router box (i almost craped myself, then i saw the post it that said "CPU" on it, but still ok, i guess) then i open up the box, and wher do i see lookign at me, a piece of anti-static computer foam folded over my processor wraped in packing tape(not ok, right?) so i am like, "What the 'BLEEP' is this?" and i procede to open it, it look fine after unwraping it, theni go to seat it in my mobo, and i am like "what the 'bleep' in't this goign in all the way?" so i pick itp up and look at it, and one corner is bent up, and mising a pin!, it is the corner oposite of the arrow. so, i am start going "'bleep' 'bleeping' piece of 'bleep' you gash 'bleeped' sonsofaaaa'bleep'!"and then i get mad, so, if naybody has diagram of a FX-55 939 pin CPU pins, that would be great, ti would be nice ot know if the pin i lost is necessory to run it....but i think i need them all, so....

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
I read your post and couldn't help but feel your pain.... I had ordered a new motherboard a little more than a month ago and had it for 3 days and flashed the bios and it was permanent bedtime for my brand new board after that. I mailed it in weeks later (I should never had waited so long) and just got a new one yesterday. I know the feeling of being stoked on a new piece of hardware in the mail on the way and then it craps out. That really sucks that yours shows up broken... Who in their right mind would think it's ok (as their wrapping a piece of tape around it by hand) to proceed with wrapping the tape around the chip and then package it to be sent to a customer when it's missing one of the pins? I don't think you should use it in that condition... No way :D Get a RMA and send it back. Make sure they reimburse you for the shipping too since a physically broken piece of hardware was shipped to you.

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

goladith

goladith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
i am calling them later today and requesting that they i recieve a ne wone on friday with pacakaging to return the current one, i want a new one b4 they get this one back, but i prety much got the omcputer built, and all i need is the CPU and ot put on my massive Scythe heatsink/fan, lol, literaly, it is HUGE! it is 100x129x111mm, so, that is HUGE! lol, it is a Scythe Heatlane FCS-50, lol

goladith

goladith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
i couldn't find edit button, but it was in the folded over foam, then hand wraped in tape, very bull 'BLEEP!!!'