Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

far cry

• Please log in to reply

scottieGstring

scottieGstring

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I just recently baught Far Cry and when ever i go to play it the game fully loads and then my computer restarts

Comp Specs:
1 gig of ram
114 gigs of hard drive
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ prosessor
VIA/S3G KM400 64 mb video cars
thanks scottie

Advertisements

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Can you be more specific, where exactly does it crash, do you get any type of message? Have you patched the game to the latest version? Do you have the most recent drivers for your hardware?

scottieGstring

scottieGstring

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Yeah all I did was download the recent patches and it worked

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its either temperature related or that video card isnt powerful enough to run it which is very likely.

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
No, that system could handle it... not well at all though. I played it on an integrated 64mb with a p4 2.0 and 256mb RAM. It played God awful, but it worked...

The rest of your system is decent, you really should look into upping your video card.

Edited by Metalive, 17 August 2005 - 08:35 PM.

scottieGstring

scottieGstring

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
yeah, im going to soon once i get some money. i am looking to get the nvidia geforce 6800 ultra