Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Explorer has gone

• Please log in to reply

Realcrusader

Realcrusader

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Kia Ora,

I have lost all use of Windows Explorer, no start bar or Icons, I have ran new task 'explorer.exe' several times and the windows button and e and rebooted countless times,

Is anyone out there able to help? I have some post grad work due in next week and really need my comp online quickly!

Regards

RC

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you need the XP CD and get a blue bar, when the bar goes, reboot

Realcrusader

Realcrusader

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you need the XP CD and get a blue bar, when the bar goes, reboot

View Post

I have no start bar or desktop icons, i'll look for my cd now.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Get the task manager the same way, click file, new task, type sfc /scannow then press enter

Realcrusader

Realcrusader

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Get the task manager the same way, click file, new task, type sfc /scannow then press enter

View Post

Ok, windows is verifying protected files, thanks