Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Duplicate and corrupt directory.

• Please log in to reply

dsrules

dsrules

• Pip
  • 2 posts
heres the deal, I have a G:\ partition on my computer, I store all my games in a folder called Program Files in there, and today, it decided to make another copy of itself, same name, except lower case (bizzaro program files?)

When I try to open Program Files it says "G:\ Program Files refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location" and when I try to copy/delete/move it I get Cannot move file: Cannot read from the source file or disk"

When I check its properties it tells me that it has 0kb it in, has no label and has no other information to it.

I'm using Windows XP ofcourse.

Thank you.

Advertisements

dsrules

dsrules

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I really need some help on this one, I got about 50gb of stuff I can't use right now :tazz:

Learnatic

Learnatic

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Let's see DS if we get help on my request ..http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51542&hl=duplicate+file
I also have the herds of 'duplicate' files in upper and lower case.
Let's wait on.