Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having Trouble Viewing Pictures...

• Please log in to reply

ALONGTHEWAY

ALONGTHEWAY

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hello all. Hopefully someone can help me.

Okay well I'm apart of a few forums where people post various pictures and such. Most of the time I can not view these pictures. After I get frustrated enough I eventually click back to my home page. My home page is www.ebay.com and most of the GIF images do not show up. But when I exit out of IE and open IE again everything is fine. Note that this happen not only to www.ebay.com but any other site I go to without exiting my browser.

It's kinda hard to explain...but I tired. Is there something screwy with my IE setting? Anyone else have/had this problem?

Thank

-Steve

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On a web page, click tools then internet options, on the general tab, click delete cookies, then delete files, include offline content, click clear history

On the security, privacy and advanced tab, click default level

Close IE then open and try

ALONGTHEWAY

ALONGTHEWAY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Still having the same problem. It was suggested that I get rid of IE and get firefox... Your opinion on that? And if it's a good idea where can I download firefox safely?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You need to keep IE for Windows Updates and some online services, banking etc.

You can get Firefox here

http://www.mozilla.o...em-requirements

This will take 20 mins but will rebuild the registry and replace system files

Boot the PC and keep tapping F8 right after the beep until you get options, select command prompt only, type scanreg.exe /fix then press enter, it will run through a few screens then say registry repaired. Press enter then press ctrl + alt + delete keys together to reboot.

When it has loaded, click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools, system information, tools then run system file checker and replace any files it asks for from the 98SE CD.

ALONGTHEWAY

ALONGTHEWAY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I just downloaded it and it's great! But I still kept IE, just so I can still update microsoft. I'm going to be switching from 98 to EP this weekend.

Thanks so much for you help!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go for OEM XP and a clean install if you can

ALONGTHEWAY

ALONGTHEWAY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Go for OEM XP and a clean install if you can

View Post

What's that? Is that in relation to my upgrading to XP...or FireFox?

ALONGTHEWAY

ALONGTHEWAY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Ugh, EP is really ment to be XP... sorry.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You will get a better result if you clean install with an XP disc, sometimes upgrade discs are problematic, though you will need to back up existing data you need

Check you can get XP drivers for the programmes you have