Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Very Strange - ASUSDVD 2000 affects DSL?

• Please log in to reply

supernoober

supernoober

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
This is a very strange problem- I am connected with sbc dsl and I open Asusdvd 2000; when I close Asusdvd, my dsl disconnects for no apparent reason. I have tried this several times and each time, my dsl disconnects at the moment I close asusdvd. I do not watch dvds on my computer so I have just noticed this problem. Please help, thanks.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
thats kind of odd for sure. have you tried reinstalling the software to see if it helps?

Its kind of old, and from what i could tell I think its based on cyberlink's PowerDVD. I would recomend switching to something else.

supernoober

supernoober

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I will try to switch to something else. What application do you recommend for watching dvds on the computer?

Edit: Is windvd 7 platinum good?

Edited by supernoober, 18 August 2005 - 11:05 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
I like windvd and powerdvd. Currently use powerdvd.