Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox

• Please log in to reply

Blaze29a

Blaze29a

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Just want to get every one take on Why is firefox so special and why should i download it ??? :tazz:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hey Blaze29a...Welcome to G2G...

Firefox is fast, secure, and easy to use. It is customizable and is constantly evolving into a better browser. Combine Firefox with Thunderbird and you have what Microsoft should be trying to achieve with IE and Outlook. The difference is, Firefox and Thunderbird work...and aren't being constantly hacked into. I give them both :tazz: :) Two thumbs up!

wannabe1

dave9280

dave9280

• Pip
  • 4 posts
yea wannabie is right about that i have fire fox and thunderbird and there fast and scure if u want to download it go to www.download.com its a secure downloading place
were u can download nearly anything.

Blaze29a

Blaze29a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
i have never heard about thunderbird is that another browser??? :tazz:

dave9280

dave9280

• Pip
  • 4 posts
no thunder bird is like out look express the thing u use for emails but thunder bird is better

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Firefox is what microsoft are trying to make the next IE like, they have allready copied alot of the firefox features, but they cant fix all the vulnerablities from IE. With firefox the chances of infection from the internet are much lower.

drljspr

drljspr

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Short word on firefox, muliti tabbed browsing. You can have several sites opened at once in tabs. If you want to goto the other site, just click the tab. Ever had a page in i.e. that you had to leave to goto another site. With firefox, open a new tab, then go.

drljspr

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
As Firefox gets more popular, security flaws in it will be exploited just like Inrenet Explorer. Firefox is okay, but not any "better" than IE, just a little different. Since it's free, download it and compare browsing to IE. You cannot remove (uninstall IE) from XP, and you'll still need it to get MS updates.

Johanna

Blaze29a

Blaze29a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
so there is no point in downloadin it ???

drljspr

drljspr

• Pip
  • 9 posts
A word about firefox, Problems are fixed quickly. With ie, They are always updating what they fixed. Why so many patches. Also I use firefox to down load windows updates.

bharwell

bharwell

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Regarding Thunderbird 1.5... I am about to IMPORT from my outlook express. (based on recommendations to use this instead of OE.

IF, i decide to go back to OE, how will I do that?

Having just spent the last 2 weeks getting rid of Spywarestrike, I am a little cautious in changing anything.

lookaround.gif

Thanks,

Bryan

Edited by bharwell, 15 January 2006 - 11:40 AM.

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

As Firefox gets more popular, security flaws in it will be exploited just like Inrenet Explorer. Firefox is okay, but not any "better" than IE, just a little different. Since it's free, download it and compare browsing to IE. You cannot remove (uninstall IE) from XP, and you'll still need it to get MS updates.

Johanna

You don't know how wrong you are! I deleted IE and use FIREFOX for windows updates...plus...firefox is 10 times safer, better, faster and cooler than IE...