Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo File Transfers

• Please log in to reply

stacieric

stacieric

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just got a new computer a few weeks ago that runs Windows XP and uses the Windows Firewall. The firewall is set to allow exceptions such as Yahoo IM and MSN IM. However, EVERY time I try to send a file via my Yahoo IM it comes back with the message that the other user cannot receive the file directly from me. And then asks if I'd like to transfer it to Yahoo! File Transfer Service so they can view it. I have had this problem before but cannot for the life of me remember how to fix it. The message on the receivers end says something about a firewall not allowing the file to go through. It has to be my firewal because it doesn't matter who I try to send files to, it will not work. I've even tried disabling my windows firewall to no avail. Please, help someone. I'd really like to be able to share files with people via Yahoo IM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try YouSendIt

http://www.yousendit.com/

You can send files up to 1GB

stacieric

stacieric

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks but the deal is I KNOW this can be fixed. I don't want to have to open another window and then have the other person open another window. I would like to be able to use the Instnat Messenger for what it's for--instant communication.