Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Startup Problem after updates

• Please log in to reply

Dbull

Dbull

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Today I down loaded some windows updates from microsoft with the automatic update feature in the windows program. After the updates down loadeed and installed of course I had to restart my computer. The computer restarted and everything looked as before to start with. Then the Windows XP came up, when this flashed off, instead of comtinuing the computer restarted again. I have tried starting from the last know good starting and in safe mode. Neither will start. The computer does the same thing no matter what. Do you have any sugestions.

Thank you.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;304449

You would need to download the updates again

Dbull

Dbull

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry. But my computer will not start. I am using another computer to try and find a way to fix the problem. Now my computer gets to the point wher the screen shows "Windows XP Professional" stays at this point a few seconds then restarts again. It never completly loads before it restarts again.

Wait a minute I just read your message again I will try to check again.

Edited by Dbull, 17 August 2005 - 04:25 AM.

Dbull

Dbull

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
No luck nothing. It won't let me start in any safe mode or at the comand promp. Any other ideas please?

Thank You!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try these in order

Run Windows Installation CD to repair the current installation, which leaves the data and programmes alone, last in list

http://www.theelderg..._windows_xp.htm

Then here if you cannot get that to run

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;307545

Dbull

Dbull

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you! It will take me some time to get back to you as I have to leave soon. But I will get back to you weather I can make it work or not. Thanks again.

Dbul

Dbull

Dbull

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Nothing worked. I had to completly reinstall windows XP. Thanks anyway for the help.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know