Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"IntelliClean Startup Succeed"

• Please log in to reply

yellorowz

yellorowz

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Every time I reboot my XP system, I get a window that says, "System Configuration Utility" in the title bar, and below that in the window, it says, "IntelliClean Startup Succeed". I click "OK", and msconfig starts. If I click on "OK" at the System Configuration Utility, another window comes up saying, "You have changed your settings", without me having changed anything.

I have googled "Intelliclean Startup Succeed" (I get a kind of teeth cleaning apparatus!), and searched for it in this and other forums and I find nothing that relates to msconfig anywhere.

I am wondering - could I delete my current msconfig.exe, and reinstall it to see if that might solve this mystery?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, run, type msconfig then press enter then start up, remove the tick from intelliclean, tick apply, reboot, when it gets back to the desktop, tick do not start the configuration utility when Windows starts, click OK

Leave msconfig.exe where it is

yellorowz

yellorowz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you, Keith. "Intelliclean" didn't show up in msconfig. That would have been one of my first steps. I just did try replacing the msconfig.exe in the system32 folder with another copy for XP that I downloaded, and then I rebooted. The problem appears to be fixed!

I guess I should have tried that before I posted... It just really had me perplexed that in all of the time that I've searched for something that refers to this "IntelliClean" in reference to msconfig, no one seemed to have heard of it.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know you cleared it

jake4444

jake4444

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Every time I reboot my XP system, I get a window that says, "System Configuration Utility" in the title bar, and below that in the window, it says, "IntelliClean Startup Succeed". I click "OK", and msconfig starts. If I click on "OK" at the System Configuration Utility, another window comes up saying, "You have changed your settings", without me having changed anything.

I have googled "Intelliclean Startup Succeed" (I get a kind of teeth cleaning apparatus!), and searched for it in this and other forums and I find nothing that relates to msconfig anywhere.

I am wondering - could I delete my current msconfig.exe, and reinstall it to see if that might solve this mystery?

I wonder if you used a freebie program called "Advanced Windows Care?" I used this program, which launches the msconfig utility, and had the same problem subsequently. There may be some sort of Windows toggle flag that this program doesn't set properly. I reran the program, and the problem seems to be solved, I hope. :tazz:

rstcrat

rstcrat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same experience as Jake444---but unfortunately in my case, subsequent runs of Advanced Windows Care haven't stopped the 'Intelliclean...' problem....yet.

If anyone picks up on a switch, a flag, or a tweak we could apply, I'd be much grateful.

rstcrat

Edited by rstcrat, 19 June 2006 - 02:44 PM.