Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

runnin slow

• Please log in to reply

jw010x8941

jw010x8941

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi there my pc is starting to run kinda slow and makes an awful noise when its loading i got the pc built up for me so i cant phone a company or anything can you please tell me the correct way to clean it i have a cleanup programme that deletes temporary files,what else should i do?and also my dad said when i'm deleting files there not being uninstalled so how do i find and get rid of uninstalled files?Thank you :surrender

Advertisements

matt_fleming

matt_fleming

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
What does thoe awful noise sound like?

-Matt

Matt @1230

Matt @1230

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
O.k. Try the defragmenter to get there go to my Control Panel then click Performance and Maintenance , next go to , click rearrange items on hard disk, then click on defragment. It should take from 30 min +. If that does not work do you have a anti virus , firewall , anti spyware. you should run it 3 times a week. If not get it because you will have to format you’re hard drive if you don’t . It is probably the hard drive if you can't contact the company. Take the computer and get it serviced the hard drive is probably defective a new 80GB hard drive will cost around $80 +. What is the company that built you're computer? My computer is also a custom computer.