Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Transferring files from PC to laptop

• Please log in to reply

Whizz

Whizz

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I would like to copy all my music files from my hard-drice to my laptop. I do not have any network set up so I guess I need to know what kind of cable and software I need. I have about 26GB of music, mostly MP3 format and need them on my laptop for when I am travelling.
Also I use iTunes for ripping, listening and cataloguing (although rarely for buying my music). Can I get iTunes onto my laptop even though it is never connected to the Internet? Or would I just have to rely on Windows Media Player once the music files are finally transferred to my laptop?

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

The easiest way right now would be to purchase a Cat5 "Crossover" cable and make a simple P2P LAN between the two systems.. Just transfer the files once that is setup..

Murray

Whizz

Whizz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks. I'll give it a go. Is the set-up via Windows XP Wizard?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
I would give that a go first..

Murray