Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

program window

• Please log in to reply

t-man

t-man

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Every time i start or log on to my computer a folder called "program" pops up with nothing in it. Does anyone know how to stop it from poping up like that everytime i start my computer?
thanks

Edited by t-man, 17 August 2005 - 09:32 AM.

Advertisements

Matt @1230

Matt @1230

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
O.K. Sounds like a virus or adware do you have anti virus and adware protection if you do try other anti virus and adware programs. If that does not work It could be an error in you’re operating system try reinstalling it. Also have you tried deleting it?

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Check the startup section in the Start menu. Also go to Start, Run, and type "msconfig". Click on the tab that says "startup" and you can see everything that starts with your computer. Be careful with what you disable. If you're not sure if you need something, ask us. If you don't find anything that seems like it's related to your problems, it may be spyware. In that case you'd have to move to the Malware Removal forum.

Hope I helped :tazz:

Computerwiz12890

Edited by computerwiz12890, 17 August 2005 - 09:54 AM.

t-man

t-man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
there was nothing under msconfig that looked like it could have to do with the program window so i deleted it. I am going to try logging off and back on to see if it will work.
thanks

t-man

t-man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
after rebooting my computer the program window did not pop up. Thanks for the help.