Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Prefetch folder probelm please HELP!

• Please log in to reply

FavreErvaf

FavreErvaf

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: Hey can someone please help me? I was trying to fix my Ares connection problem, and I went into my prefetch folder where the Ares.exe was and I right clicked and accidently hit "Open with..." Half-Life 2 on the ares.exe file, but it changed all the files in the prefetch folder to open with HL2! i dont know why, so i deleted everything in the folder, but when i open the programs again and i look in the prefetch they are being remade in HL2 again...does anyone one what I have to open these files with? Because before the icon was like one of those nothing ones, and now its a HL2 symbol on all of them...

I'll attach a picture if..... I can.......

Advertisements

FavreErvaf

FavreErvaf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok i fixed it - i just uninstalled Half-Life 2..and now they are back to normal