Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Activity Monitoring

• Please log in to reply

ajcamp

ajcamp

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I would like to be able to know what is going on when I see the network activity lights going on in the icon bar, or the 'Local Area Network Status Window' packet count is incrementing.

Does anyone know of a monitoring tool that will tell me which process is accessing the network/internet?

The Task Manager shows activity but lists the process as something cryptic like CSRSS or SVCHOST.

Is there a tool that tells me something like, 'Windows is checking for an update right now', or 'McAfee is checking for updates', or 'MSN Messenger is messing around' or !! 'Malware is currently uploading my address book' ??

Thanks.
AJCAMP

Advertisements

Ebene

Ebene

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
There is one program called Advanced LAN Scanner free for download. It allows you to see what users are currently on your network.