Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

jen147

jen147

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
I had Oulook Express set to check spelling as emails are sent. It's not doing that anymore and it won't let me check spelling manually, the button is grayed out.

I had Microsoft Office (several apps) that were a 60 day trial and it expired, wouldn't let me do anything without a key code, I had no interest in buying it so I used add/remove programs to get rid of it, could that be why Outlook doesn't let me check spelling now?

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Yep.. Outlook Express uses the spellchecker located in Microsoft Word, Access or PowerPoint.

Without one of those, there is no spellchecker.. You could try tucows.com or downloads.com and do a search for a freeware spellchecker.. That are a few out there that will work!!

Murray

jen147

jen147

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
Man, I hate when that happens!! I'm a neat freak, I hate clutter, but I've got to stop removing/deleting stuff so quickly!! Thanks a million for your quick response and advise! :tazz: